Our ozone generators are specifically designed for the use in STP exhausts or ducts. Ozonating fluids are environmentally friendly. The oxidizing and disinfecting properties of ozone are well known. The oxidation process is capable of disinfecting, removing pathogens, contamination, metals, and nonmetals. Ozone is nature’s natural cleaning solution – it is non-toxic and leaves no byproducts behind. Ultimately, it decomposes into life-needing oxygen in the atmosphere. Continue reading to learn more about the use of ozone for STP exhaust odor removal.
STP Exhaust Deodorization With Ozone Generator
The exhaust system of the STP emits an excessive amount of foul odors and harmful chemicals, causing irritation among residents. The exhaust odor can be efficiently removed by ozone systems.
Through the nozzle on the exhaust system, ozone gas can be injected, mixing with the disinfected air in the exhaust system. It oxidizes most pollutants and creates fresh air, thereby drastically reducing odor.
Emissions From Sewage Plants
Building basements are being used for building new sewage treatment plants (STPs). A single facility houses all the components. In the STP system, pretreatment, primary and secondary (biologic) treatments are combined.
The treatment process of sewage produces odor compounds. At different stages of the treatment process, these compounds are formed by biological processes. Inlets pump stations with bar screen chambers, oil and grease traps, biological processes, sludge handling and sludge drainage are some of the areas where odors are emitted. In this situation, variety of molecules can produce unpleasant odors, both inorganic and organic. The most common types of gaseous compounds include ammonia, amines, aldehydes, ketones, sulfur compounds, hydrogen sulfide, and mercaptans. These emissions are particularly problematic for treatment plants in or near residential or commercial buildings. The government sets limits for some parameters and compounds in order to reduce emissions.
It is vital to provide exhaust from STP rooms when they are built in the basement and to use ozone for odor control in those exhausts. Since organic compounds are primarily exposed from the STP, ozone reacts instantly with them and oxidizes them.
Especially when sewage plants are located within enclosed areas, the production of foul-smelling odors is a major problem.
Ozone treatment is considered as a highly effective method of deodorizing odiferous gasses. The treatment of sewage plant odors with ozone has been used since many years. An oxidant as powerful as ozone can break down odor compounds very rapidly.
Oxidized products have better olfactory properties after Ozone is reacted with malodorous substances to eliminate the unwanted odors. In comparison with other chemical compounds, ozone is very effective in removing sulfides, mercaptans, amines, phenols, and similar contaminants. In addition, ozone damages most airborne bacteria and is an effective germicide.
By eliminating foul-smelling biological sources, mold and mildew, as well as oxidizing organic harmful gasses into harmless products and glasses, we can quickly and economically maintain a reasonably good environment.
Maintaining very low concentrations of gasses and odors that can harm the environment requires continuous replacement of the plant’s internal air. This is an inconvenient and expensive solution. Various organic compounds, gasses, and odors can be oxidized by ozone in the air and bacteria and viruses can be inhibited from reproducing.
Usually, experimental work is not necessary when treating sewage plant odors with ozone. Deodorizing exhaust gases from covered, standard sewage treatment plants usually require a dosage of 1 to 2 ppm by volume of ozone. Due to the differences in both qualitative and quantitative odors, other applications require varying amounts of ozone.
Benefits of Ozone in STP Exhaust
- Microorganisms such as bacteria, molds, fungi, spores, viruses, and spores are killed by this disinfectant.
- It prevents the contamination of the environment.
- Keeps the exhaust duct clean by destroying oil, grease, solids, and other contaminants. Consequently, fires in the vent duct are less likely to occur.
- Because of its strong disinfection and oxidizing properties, ozone reacts with all microorganisms and effectively eliminates them. Smoke and odor are both removed in this process. Thus, odors and smoke are prevented from reentering the HVAC system through the fresh air intakes of nearby buildings and offices.
- It increase the lifespan of ventilation systems
Other Advantage of Ozone
- Ozone can sanitize spaces very quickly.
- Fumigation using advanced technology.
- Suitable for home, commercial use, industrial use, or hospital use such OTs, ICUs, research centers, laboratories, pharmaceutical companies, and biotech companies.
- Electricity is used to generate ozone from ambient air.
- Oxygen is formed from residual Ozone in the air after treatment.
- There is no generation of hazardous or toxic byproducts.
- It is easy to retrofit existing installations and install new ones.
- Easy to use and cost-effective.
The next step is to explore the different types of ozone generators and get the best one according to your needs. Not sure how to choose right ozone machine for your STP exhaust treatment? Reach us out at our contact us page. We will help you make right decision.