Food safety and food hygiene are essential in order to ensure that the food you handle and produce is safe for consumption. It is possible for consumers to become seriously ill with food poisoning and foodborne illnesses if food safety and hygiene are not maintained. As such, food safety and food hygiene play a crucial role in protecting consumer health. People who work in the food industry need to understand how important food sanitation is, as well as ozone food sanitation can help them out.
As businesses protect consumers from foodborne illnesses and food poisoning, food safety and hygiene are of utmost importance. The most common cause of food poisoning is the contamination of food by bacteria, viruses, and other germs, causing the consumer to become ill immediately after consuming the food. Food poisoning usually comes back to normal within a week, but it can sometimes become serious and require immediate medical attention. Understanding food poisoning prevention is therefore critical.
Food businesses are legally obligated to carry out food processing in a hygienic and safe manner under the Food Hygiene Regulations 2006. In violation of the Food Hygiene Regulations 2006, it is unlawful to provide unhealthy food to consumers. Therefore, food safety and hygiene should be a priority.
While these numbers are small, with proper sanitation practices in place, these illnesses, deaths, and sufferings could have been avoided.
The consumers are on high alert in the post COVID world about the way their food is prepared. It’s possible that fruit and vegetables handled by someone with the virus might carry the new coronavirus. A fresh round of scrutiny is being directed at food sanitation and the processes that both the food and beverage industry and supermarkets use to make sure food is safe and clean.
Food sources are required by law to be disinfected before they are sold to consumers, including grocers, restaurants, bars, and all other commercial food suppliers. Among the best available technologies for doing so, ozonated water is slowly replacing older sanitation methods for many applications.
It has been traditional to sanitize food with chemicals such as chlorine, but oxygenation has proven to be a safer and cleaner alternative. When injected into water, ozone is created in order to kill harmful bacteria and impurities. When it is injected to treat water, ozone water is produced.
Benefits of Ozonation in Food Sanitizing
Here is why ozone is now crucial to food processing and food safety:
- It kills microbes faster and more effectively than chlorine.
- Compared to traditional disinfectants like chlorine, ozone kills bacteria significantly faster and up to 50 times more effectively. Additionally, ozone is produced on site, reducing environmental impacts associated with storing, transporting, and distributing chemicals.
- In food processing, ozone can be used to kill pathogens and microbes without using any heat.
- It is safer for food processing handlers to use Ozone since it doesn’t use heat to disinfect. Further, ozone is more cost-effective than thermal sanitation because it uses less electricity to heat.
- Using ozone to disinfect surfaces and treat water is a non-chemical alternative.
- It has been proven that ozone is both safer for human health and more environmentally friendly than chlorine and other conventional disinfectants since it evaporates into oxygen instead of leaving chemical residues.
- Water (aqueous ozone) or air can be used to generate ozone. It frees up space and reduces transport costs since heavy vats of chemicals do not need to be stored.
- Neither food nor water is contaminated by it.
- As opposed to chlorine, ozone does not leave residue on food. Food tastes and smells the same. No chemicals are left behind that can harm our bodies over time.
- Preserving meat, fish, poultry, and egg products for a longer period of time.
- Reduce pesticides in fresh produce by sanitizing them.
- Securing areas with a high risk of microbes (food storage rooms, prep stations).
- Food production and lab personnel’s work clothes need to be sanitized and deodorized.
- Cleaning of surfaces in contact with food, including conveyors, without using chemicals.
- Packaging and containers can be sanitized with ozone.
- By using ozone throughout the food production process, harmful contaminants can be eliminated. Every day, we are exposed to ozone in some way. In the fight against food-borne illnesses and bacterial infections, it’s become a valuable ally.
Potential Concerns of Using Ozone
The food and beverage industry have resisted the idea of removing their chlorine vats because ozonation treatments and processes are constantly evolving.
The viruses, spores, and cysts are effectively destroyed by even low dosages of ozone. Other disinfection technologies are more complex than ozonation. In addition, chlorine treatment has a relatively high initial cost.
So, What’s the Verdict?
A safe and hygienic work environment will help produce a productive workforce, so creating a food safety and hygiene policy will ensure all employees are aware of how to contribute to a safe and hygienic work environment. Food sanitation using ozone generators should be part of your business’ food safety and hygiene policies.
The post-COVID-19 consumer is rightfully concerned with how food is processed and sanitized. Traditional methods of food sanitization, such as chlorine, are no longer acceptable. Using the latest technology in food sanitization can benefit both businesses and the general public. Prior to cooking food, ensure it is sanitized. Such as, you can use ozonated water to wash fruits and vegetables before preparing them. What next? You can start by checking out our best ozone generators for food processing. Also, let us know if you still have any queries about use of ozone food sanitation. We will surely help you out.
Ozongenerators is a professional manufacturer and supplier of ozone generators. The company has been engaged in the R&D, production and foreign trade of ozone generators for many years, so it has rich industry experience in both ozone generators and ozone applications. Ozongenerators strives to provide the most competitive ozone generators to our clients. The company has a production factory with its history over 30 years and advanced production lines and complete instruments and equipment.
The components, wires and fasteners adopted in our products are all sourced from first-rate Chinese suppliers after long-period cooperation and selection. Through our self-owned production factory, the quality of the components and the production process can be effectively controlled, and the high quality and long-term stability of the products can be promised. This also helps to maintain the products’ price competitiveness.
At present, our products include Car & Home Air Ozonators, SPA & Home Water Ozonizers, Commercial Ozone Generators, Agricultural Ozone Machines, Industrial Ozone Generators, and Ozone Generator Spare Parts. We have continuously been making great effort to improve the quality of our products while enriching the variety. Today, whether for commercial, industrial, agricultural, car and SPA applications, we are capable of providing high quality ozone generators to satisfy the ozone application demands from different industries.
In the future, we will continue to develop new ozone generator products according to market trends. In addition to our regular products, we also provide product customization service to meet the personalized and differentiated demands for products from our purchasers. Therefore, at Ozongenerators, no matter what our purchasers need in their orders, we will try our best to make it realized with our existing products and our product customization service. We take product quality and customer service as the foundation of our development. In recent years, our products have been well received by purchasers from Europe and USA for their excellent performances and reliability.
If you are purchasing ozone generators or other related products, please visit Ozongenerators.com. Based on your needs, we will provide you with the most appropriate and cost-effective product solution. We believe that our products can better help your future product sales. You can contact our Customer Service for more information. We are looking forward to establishing a cooperative relationship with you and becoming your product supplier.